30 May, 2022
Today, we can control almost anything with a Google account. Bt What if you are unable to access your Google/Gmail account or if your Google account is hacked?
Well, you need to worry about your Google sign-in recovery, as here you can recover your Google username in five minutes!
Google Account Sign In Recovery
In the present scenario, people possess so many Google accounts, so there are high chances of forgetting the email ID of any one of them. Hence, you can recover your email ID below:
- Directly visit https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
- Type your recovery email address in the required field. If you don’t remember which email is linked to your current account, then simply enter your phone number. If you own more than one number and don't remember which number is linked to your account, then try to recover your Google account by entering all the numbers you use.
- Then enter your first and last name and hit next.
- Now, Google will ask permission to send a verification code on your recovery email or phone that you typed. Just click on send tab then copy the six-digit verification code from your email or phone number in the required field and click Next
- You will get your email ID on your screen.
If you haven’t used your Gmail account for long and want to open it now but don’t remember the password for the same, then you can follow the below steps for your Gmail account recovery:
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and submit your email ID
- This will prompt you to enter your password but that’s what we don’t remember.
- So, the next step is to select the password recovery method. Password recovery can be done by tapping yes on the notification sent on your phone.
- However, if you don’t have access to this phone, then click on Try another way and select the recovery email option where you need to submit the verification code sent on this email and your password will be recovered.
- If you don’t have access to both email and phone, then answering security questions is a golden method to recover the Google sign in or username.
How to recover a permanently deleted account?
If you permanently deleted your Google account but want to get it back then you just need to answer some questions to confirm that it’s your account or enter the verification code sent to your recovery options. Once, Google verifies you as the owner of the account, you are required to create a new password, confirm it, and then sign in to your deleted account.
How to recover a hacked Google account?
If you're unable to sign in to your account even after the correct username and password, then there is a possibility that your account has been hacked. In that case, visit the Google username or sign-in recovery page and answer as many questions as you can, reset your password, and enable two-step verification to protect your account from hacking. If the issue persists, visit the Google help forum and ask your further queries.