How to add a device to Find My iPhone to track the location of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer
Ways to Add a Device to Find My iPhone to Track the Location of Your iPhone, iPad, or Mac Computer
No one is aware of what would happen tomorrow, do they? Yes, nobody knows it, that’s why it always pays to take extra cautious so that if anything goes wrong, we’ll have something to fall back on. Now, we have ‘Find my iPhone’ which is becoming a boon for your lost iDevice. This lets you track your device to erase all the content and settings remotely, this advanced device-tracking feature is designed to not only help you discover your iPhone but also shield your sensitive data also.
Add a device to find my iPhone:
- Firstly, remove sticky notes, when you enable ‘Find My iPhone’ on your device, the paired Apple Watch, and Air Pods are automatically added. In case if you exclude your iOS device from this device tracking feature, then they are removed too.
- The second move is, to launch the ‘Settings app’ on your iOS device.
- After, launching, tap on the ‘profile icon’ and then hit ‘iCloud.’
- Lastly, scroll down and tap on ‘Find My iPhone.’
- Finally, turn ‘ON’ the switch.
Check out these important things should be considered in this procedure:
- Find out the option to automatically send the location of this iOS device when the battery is low. Hence, I would recommend you to turn it on as it could play a big role in helping you find your lost device.
- Further, moving forward, your iPhone must require the password before being erased or reactivated.
- Now, if you don’t want to use this security feature or have decided to sell out the device, you can easily remove it.
- Finally, for doing so, head over to the same setting (explained above) and then turn off the switch. Later, enter your Apple ID password and hit ‘Turn Off’ in the popup to confirm.
Now, you were looking solution to how to find your Apple ID location on the phone, so follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to ‘View Location’, here use the ‘Find My iPhone’ app or sign in to iCloud.com to view your device's location on a map.
- Next, head to ‘Play a Sound’, now ‘Find My iPhone’ can play a sound on your device to help you pinpoint its location.
- Put it in ‘Lost Mode’
- Remove with ease
- Your device is automatically locked by ‘.Activation Lock.’
Methods of how to set up ‘Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, Air Pods’
- First of all, start on your Home screen.
- Then, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. But, if you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, then go to Settings > iCloud.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Find My iPhone.’
- Finally, slide to turn on ‘Find My iPhone’ and Send ‘Last Location.’
Now, here is a way to set up ‘Find My Mac’:
- For this, move to the Apple menu.
- Next, click System Preferences > iCloud.
- Lastly, check the box to turn on ‘Find My Mac.’
Still, confused or want assistance regarding Apple products, then you can contact Apple Support via phone, emails or online chat.
To sum up:
Therefore, the Apple device-tracking feature has played a significant role in reducing iPhone theft. While, the ‘Activation Lock, ‘ensures the device has an additional layer of safeguard and also protects the personal data from falling into the wrong hands.