Google Account Recovery | How to Recover Google Account Password
Google Account Recovery
It offers a safe interface so that customers use this account for transferring money and paying bill online. In addition, Gmail account holders can also own the other facilities such as Maps, YouTube, Google Drive, Photos and many more. In contrast to all these salient features, Gmail account holders get difficulty in Google account recovery if they forgot the password. If you are one of those customers and unable to get access to your Gmail account then you can do it in the following ways:
- Recover the password using a registered mobile number
- Recover the password by answering the security question
- Recover the password using a registered email address
Recover your Google account with the help of a registered mobile number
Google account recovery is very easy if you have registered your mobile number while creating a Gmail account. Follow the steps to get access to Gmail account:
- Go to Gmail login page and click Sign In
- Enter your Gmail address in the respective field
- Click forgotten Password and enter your registered mobile number in the respective field.
- Click Text or Call if you want a text message or a voice call for a one-time password (OTP) respectively.
- Enter the received OTP in the respective field and get access to your Gmail account again.
After following the above-given steps you can successfully get access to your Gmail account.
Recover Google account password by answering a security question
Answering the security question for Google account recovery is the safest method as you are the only one who knows the answer to the security questions. Go to the Google account recovery page and answer all the security questions that you have mentioned at the time of account creation. After successfully answering all questions you auto get access to your Gmail account again. If you are still unable to sign in to your account, try another method to recover your account.
Google account recovery using the registered email address
Google always asks for a secondary email address when you register to a new Gmail account. This secondary email address is used in an emergency to recover your account if something wrong with your Gmail account. The steps for Google account recovery using a secondary email address are:
- Browse Gmail Sign In page
- Enter Gmail account in the respective field and click Forgot Password
- Enter a secondary email address in the respective field and click send
- Google will send the password recovery link to the registered email address.
- Click the link and change the password
After following the above-given steps, you can successfully recover the Google account.
Google Account Password Recovery
Following given instructions to recover Google Account
So, you have a Google account but unluckily you have been denied access to your account, then you need to do Google Account Recovery that you can do on different devices with different methods to follow to:
- Go to account recovery page of Google
- Enter the mail ID which you need to recover an account for.
- You can recover the Google mail ID with three steps:
- Primary mail ID
- Two-Step Verification
- Answer security questions
The first recovery option that you get to recover your account through is two-step Verification.
- Enter the number which you had set to recover the account.
- An SMS is sent on your number to recover the account.
- Enter the text on the account recovery page.
- However, if you don’t have access to the number that you had set for account recovery,
You can try another method to recover your account
An alternative method for Google password recovery is through the primary mail ID
- Enter the mail ID in the space provided to recover your account.
- A link to reset your password is sent on your primary mail ID.
- Enter the password on the password reset page.
- When you reset the password make the combination of small letters, capital letters, and Symbols.
- However, if you are unable to use any of the above options, you can use the third option, answer security questions.
- You need to answer exactly as you had during account setup.
The above method is for Google account recovery and Google password reset as well when you have been denied access to your account.
Some of the reasons due to which you have been denied access are given below:
- Either Username or password does not match.
- Both username and password don’t match
Above two given procedure lead to account authorization problem and there could be multiple reasons due to which account authorization problem occurs which could be the password or username that you entered does not match that you had saved, or someone has hacked into your account and changed the password.
Google Password Recovery Tips
Following method for Google password recovery is used when you can access your Google account but need to change password:
- Log into your Google account that you are required to change the password of.
- Enter the username and password.
- The first page that you get is inbox page, on the rightmost top, you can see the display picture of your account.
- Click on the display picture of the Google account.
- Click on the Google account tab.
- Click on Sign -in and security.
- Click on Signing into Google.
- On the main page, click on Password.
- When you click on password, you need to enter your current password.
- Click on Next.
- Enter the new password and you need to confirm a new password.
- Click on Change Password.
With the above method, you can change the password when you are able to log into your account.
Recover Google Account Password on Android Mobile
You can recover your Google account on android devices as well; you are required to go through the following procedure to recover your account:
- Open a browser on your android device.
- You are required to type the Google account recovery in the search engine bar.
- Follow the above mentioned in method 1.
- Change your password accordingly.
With the above method, you can do Google password recovery on your Android device.
Change Listed Phone Number for Google Account Recovery
You can also change the phone number used in two-step verification, so, whenever you need to recover your account, you can follow the above methods according to your requirement.
With Google account you can do much more things like you can download apps in your android Smartphone, can access multiple services of Google like Google docs, Google Drive, YouTube, Google maps, etc.
Also, if needed you can change phone number for use for Google account recovery, the procedure to change the phone number has been given below:-
- Open settings app of your device.
- Tap Security that you can see at the top.
- Tap on Recovery phone under the option Ways we can verify it’s you.
- Click on Sign In.
- Under the Sign In, you can:
- Add a recovery phone
- Since you need to change the recovery phone:
-------> Click on Edit button that you can see next to your number.
- You can delete the recovery phone:
--------> You need to select Delete icon that you can see next to your number.
--------> As simple as that, you can add, change the recovery number.
So, with the above procedure do Google account recovery and also change the phone number to recover the account.