How Do I Get My Forgotten Gmail Password
Gmail is known for offering various products and services to users and options are always available for gaining access to your account if the user has forgotten the password and it is considered to be an easy & quick way to recover forgotten Gmail password. Although, experts of web security recommend to keep changing your Gmail account password regularly for the security purpose of the account and to prevent it from the hacking. But, sometimes it is difficult to remember the changed password.
Follow the given steps to get Gmail forgotten password back:
- First of all, you have do is to open the web browser.
- Thereafter, move to Gmail website in the address bar.
- Then, you find the Gmail Login page will appear on the screen.
- Further, sign-in by entering your username or email address and later click on the ‘Next’.
- Now, click on ‘ Forgot Password’
- After this recovery page will appear and you have to follow its instructions to get verification code
- Lastly, you can create a new password here and confirm it given fields.
Now, here are some steps to reset your forgotten Gmail password and get access to your account again:
- Firstly, ensure if you have a second email address (an alternative email) that is specified for your Gmail Account or didn’t access your Gmail account for five days.
- Then you’ve to choose ‘Forgot Password’ on the Gmail login screen.
- Next, on the Account recovery screen, type your full Gmail email address if prompted to do so, then select ‘Next.’
- Further, Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account.
- However, for each question, you need to enter your answer and select ‘Next’.
- If you don't know the answer to a question, select ‘Try another way.’
- Finally, you’ve established yourself as your account's owner using the steps above. You will be allowed by Gmail to log you into the account.
- Might be if, for security reasons, you want to change your password, follow the Change password link.
TIP: Here are questions Google Will Ask during Gmail Account Recovery, with the help of these questions Gmail will verify your account.
In case if you have changed your Gmail password and only remember an older one, then you can enter it.
Another way to verify via ‘Verification code’
It depends on the verification methods you've previously set up for two-factor authentication, you can get a code from:
- SMS received from Google
- Email message received from Google
- From an app like Google Authenticator
- Or get printed back-up codes
2. Likewise, a secondary email address for Gmail account recovery is used:
For resetting the password on your Google Account, follow the link in the given message from Google, it sends to your alternate email address. So, you may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
- You have a security question for Gmail password recovery to answer correctly.
- Once you set up the account then you have to enter the month and year when you created the Gmail account.