10 May, 2022
Simple ways to set up or configure Signature in Gmail or Google account
An email/Gmail signature is either a text or an image consisting of your name, contact details, and your favorite quote. Well, it’s an amazing way to share crucial contact details. Gmail signature is fabricated at the end with all the outbound messages. You can write 10,000 characters in a signature and also offers basic text formatting alternatives.
So basically we will guide you about setting up a signature in Gmail on three different platforms i.e. on a computer, android device, iOS device. Stay tuned till the end and read the prescribed directives carefully and you can easily add your signature on Gmail.
Method 1 - Add Gmail Signature
An email signature is a text, such as your contact information or a favorite quote, that is automatically added at the end of Gmail messages as a footer.
Add or change a signature
You can put up to 10,000 characters in your signature.
- Open Gmail
- In the upper right, click on Settings, then on Settings.
- In the "Signature" section, add your signature text in the box. If you wish, you can format your message by adding an image or changing the text style.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Add a signature if you are using the "Send mail as" function
If you use the "Send mail as" function to send from different addresses in your account, you can add a different signature for each address.
To select an address, use the drop-down menu above the signature text box on the Configuration page.
If you don't see the drop-down menu:
- Open the Accounts and Import settings page.
- Verify that your addresses are listed in the "Send mail as" section.
Troubleshooting Gmail Signature
Extra characters added to my signature
If you see additional characters in your signature, it is because some versions of Gmail do not support features such as bold or italic.
To remove additional characters, delete any special format in your signature.
I can't format my signature
If you see "Plain Text" above the signature box, you must deactivate the plain text mode before editing your signature.
- Open Gmail
- Click on Compose.
- In the lower right, click More options More options.
- Uncheck "Plain Text Mode".
Unable to add an image
If you added a photo or image of Google Drive, you must share your image publicly so that it appears in your signature. Note: If you use Gmail with your work or school account, ask your administrator to allow you to share images publicly.
Search for an image, such as your company logo, then get the image URL.
Add your own image to Google and use that URL.
Method 2 - Setup Gmail or Google Account Signature on Computer, Android or iPhone
Configure Gmail digital signature on your Computer/Laptop
- Visit your Gmail account in your web browser.
- Now, tap on the gear icon located at the top right side of the page.
- You will get a series of options in the dropdown list, hit on the Settings tab.
- Then select the General tab and make sure the specified account has been selected under the Signature section.
- Enter the desired signature in the given field. It would be better to have signature of about five lines of text.
- There is no need to add any signature separator it gets automatically inserted.
- If you wish to add formatting or an image you can opt the formatting bar.
- Once completed click on Save changes.
- Now your signature will get automatically inserted once you compose any message.
- You can even remove or edit it before tapping on the Send tab.
Set up Signature in Gmail on an Android Device
- Open your Gmail application in your android device.
- Then hit on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your device screen.
- You will get several options regarding, among them select Settings.
- Then you will be redirected to the Settings page having several Gmail account, click on yours.
- Enter your signature and tap on the OK tab.
Add Signature in Gmail on iPhone, iOS device
- Open your Gmail application in your iOS device.
- Then hit on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your device screen and tap on Settings at the bottom.
- Hit on your Gmail account followed by signature settings.
- Further toggle on the Signature alternative.
- Then input your signature in the given field and once completed save all the changes.
So following above noted methods you can very easily set up your signature on Gmail.