How to Change my Facebook Username
Some Ways to Change Your Facebook Username
Each user on facebook has a unique username. It's not the name you set in your profile. It is the name that is added as a suffix to the URL of the Facebook website. It's in the form facebook.com/username, where username is your unique Facebook username. The names may be the same, but the user names are unique and will never be the same for two people. However, if you wish, you can change the username, as long as it is not in use. In this article, you will learn the simple process to change your Facebook username.
# How to Change Your Facebook Username
First, log in to your Facebook account, click on the down arrow located in the upper right corner of the website. Now, go to Settings.
Now, in the left panel, go to General.
In the right panel, you will find the option called Username. The username is in the format facebook.com/xyz, where xyz is your username. Click on the Edit option. When you touch the Edit option, the user name will appear in an editable format. Simply delete the old username and change it to the one you prefer. Make sure the username is available. Otherwise, choose another username. Finally, click save changes.
#How to change the name of your Facebook page
Keep in mind that you must be an administrator to request a change in the name of your page.
Before requesting a name change that can be rejected, I recommend that you review the guidelines for the name of the Business Page. Some rules may surprise you!
What page names are allowed on Facebook?
The names of the pages should accurately reflect the page. Keep in mind that only authorized representatives can manage a page for a brand, place, organization or public figure.
The names of the pages can’t include:
- Terms or phrases that may be abusive or violate someone's rights.
- The word "official" if the page is not the official page of a brand, place, organization or public figure.
- Improper use of capital letters (for example: the best CaFE). The names of the pages must use correct capital letters grammatically and may not include all capital letters, except acronyms.
- Symbols (example: ®) or unnecessary punctuation.
- Descriptions or slogans (example: The Best Cafe - We serve the best coffee in the city). The people who manage the pages can add this information to the about section of the page.
- Any variation of the word "Facebook".
The names of the pages can’t consist only of:
- Generic words (example: burger). The pages must be managed by official representatives of the topics they deal with.
- Generic geographic locations (example: Austin). However, you can create a page name for an organization that represents a geographic location. For example, "Austin City - Smith's Office" is acceptable page names.
In addition, there is a limit of 75 characters in the name of your page.
This should be enough! Think short and memorable. More descriptions should be placed in your about section.