How to change the password in Windows 10, 8, and 7?
Tricks to Change Password in Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7
It is necessary that users change the password of their respective Windows device at regular intervals. This is to ensure that users do not have any sort of hacking issues due to which they may have to lose some of their sensitive data which certainly they would not want to happen. So the best practices in order to avoid such kind of things is change the password of their respective Windows operating system which could either be 7, 8, or 10.
The process to change the password in Windows 10 and 8 are respectively the same while that of Windows 7 is different. Users looking to change password in Windows 8 and looking to change password in Windows 10 can simply move down the tutorial and follow the below mentioned sequential or step by step procedure in order to update or change Windows 10 password.
Steps to change the password in Windows 10 and Windows 8:
- Step 1: Users can open their desire Windows operating system and then they can use the Search bar from there and simply type in Sign in options and once found then they can choose the same from the list of available results.
- Step 2: Users can next move on to the Password section and from there they can simply click on Tap or Change to make the process smooth.
- Step 3: Users can now move on to the first text box and then from there they can simply enter the current password and once that has been done then they can simply click on Next.
- Step 4: Now the Windows 10 users will have to enter password twice in order to ensure that this is the password which they are willing to change and the Windows 8 users will need to enter their current password once more on the Change your Microsoft account password screen and once done then they can type in the new passwords as well twice in the respective boxes.
- Step 4: Once that has been done in an effective manner then users can click on Next button and then they can click on Finish to exit the Change your password or You changed your password screen.
- Step 5: Users if necessitated can exit from any other screen and then they can re login to the account with the newly created password.
In case you are one of those users who have been using the Windows 7 operating system then the above mentioned steps are not applicable for you. You will have to move down the tutorial and follow the below mentioned sequential or step by step procedure to change password in Windows 7.
Steps to change password in Windows 7:
- Step 1: Users can turn ON their system and then they can click on Start button and then from there they can click on Control Panel.
- Step 2: Users will now be required to click on the link named User Accounts and Family Safety and then from there they can click on the User Accounts link.
- Step 3: Users can next click on Change your password link in the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window.
- Step 4: Once the above mentioned steps have been executed in an effective manner then in the first box they can enter the current password and in the next two boxes they can enter the new password which they are willing to use.
- Step 5: Users will now be required to click on Change Password button in order to ensure that the changes that they have made have been saved in an effective manner.
Finally users can do is close the User Accounts window and any other Control Panel windows which they want to and login to the account with the newly created username and password.