Updated: Friday, 27 September, 2019
Way to how To Create and Customize a Google Group to Easily Email and Coordinate with A Large Group of People.
For that ‘Create and customize a Google Group’, you have to follow these steps are given below.
Steps to create a Google Groups:
- Firstly, go to Google Groups website then open the Google Groups creation page.
- Then you find an option ‘Create Group’, near the top, left the corner, and click ‘CREATE GROUP.’
- Here, enter a group name and describe the group.
- Then add an email address username, give a small description of your group and select the primary language in ‘Google’s primary language’ section.
- Next, choose the type of group from the Email List dropdown menu.
- Further, choose who can join, post, and see topics in the group.
- Select your group’s permissions such as View Topics, Post, etc.
- Now, click the ‘Create group’ button.
- Finally, confirm that you are human when asked ‘I’m not a robot’, then click ‘Continue’ and click on ‘Okay’ when prompted.
Just following these steps, you have created your own Google Group and able to customize Google Groups by clicking ‘Save my changes’. Now, this point you can move ahead with adding members.
Here are steps to invite members:
- First of all, click on the ‘Members ‘tab, located on the upper-right side of your group’s page.
- Then you have to click on ‘Manage’, after this click on ‘Invite Members’.
- Next, enter email addresses of those people you want to invite in your group, type comma and repeat with the email address of each additional person you want to add.
- Further, enter an invitation message then click on ‘Send invites.
- Next, check ‘I’m not a robot’ and click on ‘Continue’.
- Now, have the invited people accept their invitations, to accept an invitation, the persons you have invited simply need to open the invitation email and click on ‘Accept this invitation’ button.
Now, users were thinking about how to use Google Groups. Actually, it can be used in many things such as forums, chat rooms, announcement boards, you name it and while, when you are creating a new Group, you need to make sure you are creating the correct type or risk complete dysfunctionality or not.
According to your wishes, you can make your group an email list, forum, or collaborative inbox, by this, you can change your group type at any time to match your group’s communication style and workflow:
- Firstly, sign in to Google Group and click ‘My groups.’
- Then, select a group. And near the top right, click ‘Manage group.’
- Next, on the left, click ‘Information’ > Advanced.’
- Now, select a new group type, next to ‘Select a group type,’ click the ‘Down-down arrow. And you can choose between:
- In the email list, members communicate with each other using a single email address.
- Or choose web forum, where members use Google Groups to communicate with each other.
- While in Q&A forums, members ask and answer each other's questions.
- You can go with this, collaborative inbox, here members assign topics to each other and track topics as tasks.
- Further, click ‘Reset’ this group.
- Finally, in the box that pops up, click on the ‘Reset’ group.
I hope you have learned how to create and customize your Google Group, and what is the usage of Google Groups makes that is, for you, it is so simple and easy for groups of people—such as project teams, departments, or classmates too. For communicate and collaborate with each another easily. Above all, you can send an email to everyone in a group with one address, invite a group to an event, or share documents with a group and you can also create an online forum to discuss a popular technology or answer questions about a product now without any hassle.