How to Reset Earthlink Account Password
Recover Forgot Earthlink Account Password
If you cannot log in to EarthLink PC FineTune because you have forgotten your password, use the following steps to recover it:
NOTE: The password used for EarthLink PC FineTune is the same as the password of your email. If you can remember your email password, try entering it before following these steps.
When you open EarthLink PC FineTune for the first time, click Lost password? the link at the bottom of the login screen. You will then be directed to the My EarthLink account page.
- Enter your email address in the field on the page. Click on the Continue button.
- On the next page, select a verification process that you can access more easily. The three types of verification methods are:
Security question (probably his father's middle name) and his main phone number plus the extension (if applicable).
Credit card number used to pay the bill.
Telephone number and extension plus job security/pin.
- Click on the Continue button.
Enter a new password. Click on the Continue button. NOTE: Passwords must be between 6 and 8 characters in length.
- On the last page, click on the Accept button so that the changes are made to the account.
NOTE: Password reset can take up to 20 minutes. Please wait for that time before trying to log in again. If it still doesn't work, contact Technical Support for help.
Changing your Earthlink password
To change your password:
- Log in to My Account (myaccount.earthlink.net) or click on the My Account link at the top right of the webmail page.
- On the My Account page, click Email Profiles.
- Click on the Edit link in the Password row and complete the form.
- Click Change password to complete the change.
- There are certain restrictions on passwords
Passwords can only be letters or numbers (there are no other characters, such as $% # @).
- They must be six to eight characters.
- They are case sensitive. Make sure the SHIFT LOCK key is disabled unless you want the password to be uppercase.