15 March, 2019
How to Reset Gmail Password without Security Questions – Tips & Hints
Steps for recovering Gmail password without a given answer of security questions
- Open the Gmail password recovery page
- Enter your Gmail address and click next.
- You have to enter your password in your next step but since you forgot your password “Click on forgot password”.
- There seems a prompt on screen to retrieve the password with the phone number. Enter the phone number and click on send. Then you have received the verification code, simply insert it into the box provided by Google to verify it.
This is the process to retrieve your password with your phone number.
In case you didn’t give Google your phone number then it is termed as you added an extra layer of security to your Google account and then Gmail gives you different option to reset your password.
- Open the account support page
- Enter your email address if required and click on next. If you are asked to receive the verification code via phone number ignore and click on “try another way”.
- You should then see a request asking if you want a prompt on your device. Then on your device, you will get a prompt, click on YES. Then tap on the number showing on your login screen.
- On the next page, select a strong password and you are good to go.
This is an interesting way to reset your Gmail account if you forgot your password, but for this, you should already add your mobile device as a recovery option. If you didn’t set your mobile device as a recovery option then follow these steps.
- Open account support page, again.
- Enter your Email address and proceed.
- Skip any phase if that didn’t work for you and try a different question.
- Enter complete recovery Email.
- Click on send and wait for Google reply on the recovery Email inbox.
Check the recovery email and if it is familiar on the next page select a strong password, and you are good to go.
Method to Recover Gmail Account without Security Questions
Many numbers of user’s complaints that they encountered the problem in Gmail account password recovery procedure. Because they have no sound knowledge of technical know-how of resolves Gmail technical issues. Thus, here the article will give you the proper guidance on Recover Gmail Password with Security Question. Then the users just need to follow the below steps to fix the Gmail password recovery issue.
Follow these steps for Gmail password recovery in the Gmail account.
- The first thing you need to do is visit the Google Account Recovery page or navigate “https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery”.
- There enter your email address in the required field and then click on the "Continue" button.
- Next, hit on “I don’t know” option for the password.
- Choose the “Verify your identity” option, which is a really small link to all other available options.
- Now the Gmail will verify if you are the owner of this account or not for that now you will be asked certain question.
- Answer all the questions which you answered at the time of creating your account.
- Make sure that you must have an alternate already existing account to recover your password, or else you must have entered the phone number to verify the verification code sent you by the Gmail.
- Now click on the password reset link inside your email or enter the verification code which you got your mobile number.
- Then a new will open, where you can enter your new password & re-enter.
- Click on “Save” button.
Now your password has been recovered and you can access your Gmail account.
In case, if you are able to provide the information associated with your security questions, then you can easily recover your account without any further problem.