[Solved] How to Restore iPhone From Backup?
How to Restore iPhone From Backup?
iCloud: Restore or configure iOS devices from an iCloud backup
When you set up a new iOS device or to restore information in one you already have, your iCloud backup makes it easy.
Restore from an iCloud backup
- On your iOS device, go to Settings> General> Software update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install it.
- Make sure you have a recent backup to restore.
- In iOS 11 or later: Go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud> Manage storage> Backup copies.
- In iOS 10.3: Go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud. Touch the graph that shows your use of iCloud, then touch Manage storage.
- In iOS 10.2 or earlier: Go to Settings> iCloud> Storage> Manage storage.
Then, touch a device listed in Backups to see the date and size of your last backup.
For information on manual backup now, see Backup your iOS devices in iCloud. If you do not see a backup that you expected to be there, check out Apple's technical support article.
- Go to Settings> General> Reset, then press "Delete all content and settings".
- On the Applications and Data screen, touch Restore from iCloud Backup, then log in to iCloud.
- Continue with "Choose backup", and then choose from a list of available backup copies in iCloud.
For help deciding from which backup to restore, including information about the restore from another device backup, see the Apple support article If you can’t back up to iCloud or it could not be restored from the iCloud backup.
Set up a new device from an iCloud backup
- Turn on your iOS device.
- From the Applications and Data screen, touch Restore from iCloud Backup, then log in to iCloud.
- Continue with "Choose backup", and then choose from a list of backup copies available in iCloud.
After using an iCloud backup to restore or configure a device:
- Your configurations and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup that you chose. Your device restarts and starts downloading music, movies, TV shows, applications, books, photos and other content you purchased. If your device can not download the version of an application that was backed up, download the latest version.
The purchased content is downloaded automatically from the iTunes Store, the App Store, and the Apple books. Some types of content are not automatically downloaded in all countries or regions, and previous purchases may not be available if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. See the Apple Support App Store article, the iTunes Store and the availability of Apple Books.
- You may be asked to enter passwords for the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Books accounts to restore purchased items.
- The progress bars appear below the icons on the home screen for the applications that are being downloaded.
To make an application a priority to download, touch its icon.
To check if your device information is completely restored, go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud> Storage (or Settings> iCloud> Storage).
If you subscribe to the iCloud Music Library, you can download your songs, albums, and playlists from iCloud once the information on your device has been completely restored.
For information about messages that may appear when restoring information from an iCloud backup, see the Apple support article.
Note: You can restore information on your iOS device from an iTunes backup instead of an iCloud backup. See the topic of the iTunes User Guide Make a backup of your iOS device in iTunes on the PC.