HP Printer Offline Error in Windows 10
How to fix HP Printer Offline Error in Windows 10?
Your HP printer is online, but it is showing offline status. It is a technical error that can be settled with some simple troubleshooting steps. As per a group of experienced users, you can fix the offline error message only by changing your printer settings and properties. Ideal for the network printers, these two changes won’t take much time to be implemented. Let’s start the troubleshooting HP Printer Offline Problem Windows 10 with settings and properties change. We will also discuss some other things that can help you in fixing your printing machine.
Change your printer settings
- Open Control Panel and go to the Printers window
- Now you need to check whether the correct printer is set as Default
- Make right-click on your default printer and select the print queue
- Remove all your unfinished works
- Go to the queue window and select Printer
- Plus, uncheck the Use Printer Offline option
- Check the Use Printer Offline option and find whether it is off
- Leave it for 20 seconds and uncheck it if it is turned off
- Unplug the USB cable and plug it in again if the printer is appropriately connected
- Go for a connection test if your printer is a network printer
- Now you are suggested to restart your printer and computer
Change your printer properties
- Open Control Panel and go to the Devices and Printers window
- Make right-click on your printer and navigate to Menu – choose Printer properties
- Click on Yes after the confirmation dialogue appears
- Now access the Ports tab and select your printer's IP address
- Click on the Configure Port button
- Click on Ok after you have unchecked the SNMP
Restart the Print Spooler service
Restarting the Print Spooler service, which your printing machine uses, is another genuine way of resolving the concerned problem. Bring the Run window on your screen by pressing Windows Key and R [Windows + R] together. Enter services.msc in it and press the Enter key. Now you need to locate Print Spooler service after the Services window opens. Make right-click on it and choose Restart from the menu. The restart process may take 15 to 20 seconds to be completed. It may settle your issue. Else, try the next method and fix HP Printer offline in Windows 10 issue.
Update your printer driver
A set of faulty printer drivers can also cause the concerned problem. So, you are strictly suggested to update your printer drivers. You can update your drivers manually or by following auto-update steps. To do it manually, you need to access the official website of your printing machine manufacturing company. Here you will get the most recent version of the concerned driver. It is instructed to choose the driver that is compatible with your variant of Windows 10. If you want to do it automatically, download and install the Driver Easy software, it will automatically detect your system and find the correct driver for your printing machine model.
Check your printer connection or add a different printer
You are most likely to get this error message if the communication between your printer (wired or wireless) and your computer is faulty. So, connect it properly if it is not connected. If the HP printer is connected via a network, you are suggested to connect a different printer if the option is there in your access.
People also search for
- HP Printer offline Windows 10
- HP printer keeps going offline Windows 10
- HP printer connected to wifi but offline
- HP printer offline fix