IMAP.AOL.com is Not Responding | How to Fix
Nowadays, users prefer to create multiple accounts in different email to send or receive emails for personal and professional use. Thus, it becomes a difficult situation to manage all accounts by opening them in their corresponding applications. To make it easier for AOL Mail users, they can access their e-mail in the AOL e-mail client or by adding AOL e-mail account to other e-mail accounts. To do this, users may need to manually configure the AOL Mail IMAP / SMTP settings.
IMAP is the abbreviated form of Internet Message Access Protocol, refers to the e-mail protocol for storing and retrieving e-mail over a TCP / IP connection. The IMAP protocol allows users to view, manipulate, and organize e-mail in different folders to manage them correctly. The IMAP protocol is supportive of all modern email clients. IMAP along with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) used to send emails are highly recommended by AOL because of its capabilities, flexibility, security, security, and synchronization.
Now, follow steps by step procedure to manually configure AOL mail IMAP/ SMTP setting:
- Now, go to the "Settings" icon (a gear icon) while launching the email account that appears under the username.
- A menu will appear on the screen and scroll until the "Add Account" option came.
- Now click on the "Add account" option.
- The "Add Account" window will appear on the screen. Here, enter the "E-mail Address" and "Password" of the AOL e-mail account in the corresponding fields.
- And then click the "Login" button.
- Now click the Settings icon again.
- From the drop-down menu, select the "settings" option.
- Here, go to the "Mail Server Input or Output" panel, and then configure the incoming mail server configuration options as detailed below:
- Incoming Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
- Incoming user name: The name to be displayed to the recipients.
- Received email address: The email address of the users AOL Mail account, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inbox password: AOL users' AOL email account password
- Entry door number: 993
9. Similarly, configure the outgoing mail server configuration options, as detailed below:
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
- Outgoing e-mail address: The e-mail address of the users AOL Mail account, such as email@example.com
- Outgoing password: the password for the users AOL email account
- Output port number: 587
- Finally, click the "Save Changes" button to save any changes made to the settings.
Users can now use the AOL Mail account to easily send, retrieve, and access AOL emails using third-party clients.
If users experience any error or problem during the above-mentioned steps to manually configure AOL Mail's IMAP / SMTP settings or while sending or receiving AOL's e-mail from a third party, then they can directly reach out to the help desk of AOL mail to get quick assistance or to raise any complaint.