iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR Touch Screen Not Working Properly (Fixed)
Way to fix Apple iPhone XS Max with Touchscreen that’s not working
Having an iPhone XS (Max) / iPhone XR unresponsive touch screen is probably the worst nightmare for any iOS user. Unfortunately, most people face this unwelcome situation. However, this can be triggered by hardware or software-related issue. Undoubtedly, it is to say that it should be fixed as soon as possible else it can cause long-term damage to your device.
Let’s talk about the first causes or numerous reasons for iPhone XS (Max) / iPhone XR to be unresponsive. Take note of these:
- Might be a conflict between the internal commands that would have crashed your device
- Or a broken screen, loose connections, water damage, or any other hardware issue
- There is corrupt software due to malware attack or any other security reason
- Possibilities of an iOS update gone wrong or has been halted in between or sometimes, even a malfunctioning or corrupt app can cause this problem
- Needless, the touch screen is not working is could be a reason.
- Moreover, battery related issues and an unexpected change in system settings or the overwritten of system files are reasons to be considered as the cause of an unresponsive screen.
I hope that you have to check out these causes after encountering the problem, your iPhone XS screen not responding. As you know that there could be various reasons as to why the iPhone touch screens not working. For example, maybe the screen has a factory defect or maybe it has garnered too much dust on it. Therefore, here is the first fix to get rid of this unresponsive screen:
Soft reset or in other words; Force restart your iPhone XS Max
Actually, the first impression is performing the reset, maybe a solution to this issue. You find the symptoms on your iPhone which are a few errant apps or random firmware crashes that caused minor system issues. These are steps to follow for the first possible solution for you as a must-try:
- First of all, press and hold the ‘Side/Power’ button.
- Either hold ‘Volume’ buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Then, you have to release the buttons when the ‘Slide to Power Off’ command appears.
- Next, drag the power off slider to the right.
- Now, after 30 seconds, press and hold the ‘Power’ button /’Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
Another way, besides the force restarts of your device. It would be necessary if your iPhone XS Max touch screen is very too slow to the extent of not being able to respond at all. So, here is a solution for how to force restart an iPhone XS Max:
- Try this, quickly press and release the ‘Volume Up’ button.
- The next step is quick to press and release the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Side/Power’ button until the phone restarts.
Although, both these methods are safe to perform for solving this issue ‘iPhone XS Max touch screen not working’, they don’t affect any saved information on the phone memory and all they do is clear out minor software errors that caused unusual symptoms also.