Method to Setup Bellsouth email with IMAP settings
How To Setup Bellsouth Email With IMAP Settings?
Bellsouth is a renowned company in Georgia, USA. Bellsouth is serving across 18 countries. Now Bellsouth is a subsidiary of AT&T. Bellsouth is a multinational company in the Telecommunication industry. Bellsouth is a trusted name in the telecommunication industry having won the trust of millions of users and it offers many services. These services are wireless services, long-distance access, Electronic commerce, cable, and digital television and internet access. You can set up a Bellsouth email with IMAP settings.
People know Bellsouth as a trusted name in the telecommunication industry. Bellsouth offers many services to customers. These services include wireless services, long-distance access, Electronic commerce, cable, and digital television and internet access, etc. Out of these services, Bellsouth’s major service is Telephone service which generates major share for the company. Those who have subscribed to Bellsouth service and they are given Bellsouth account then they can operate this account to send and receive emails from other email services as well. So, one can set up a Bellsouth email with IMAP settings.
Bellsouth supports IMAP which means that you don't have to use Bellsouth.net's webmail interface. You can check your Bellsouth email and send messages using other email programs also such as Outlook Express, Apple Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird. When you use desktop email applications it improves your workflow also. You get more options, and your email is still available on your computer when you are disconnected from the internet. So, these are advantages of using Bellsouth on other email applications using IMAP settings.
Well, below are the IMAP settings for Bellsouth:
- Account Type: Enter IMAP
- Username: Here you need to enter your email address which is your username too.
- Server hostname: imap.mail.att.net
- Server port: 993
- Authentication: Enter your password
- SSL/TLS: Yes
Now, you can follow the below steps to set up Bellsouth email account on Outlook using IMAP settings.
- Open your browser and launch Outlook.
- Select Tools from the top menu bar and then Account Settings.
- Click New on the email tab on the Account Settings screen.
- Then select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next
- Next, you need to tick the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and then click Next.
- The next step is to select an Internet E-mail and then click Next.
- Now, you need to enter all the relevant details for which first you need to choose either POP or IMAP according to your need. Choose IMAP here and then click More Settings.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab and make sure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected. Also use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab and make sure that yourBELLSOUTH.NET settings are as below for your choice of either POP or IMAP.
- POP port settings for BELLSOUTH.NET
- IMAP port settings for BELLSOUTH.NET
- Incoming Port: 143, Outgoing Port: 465
- Secure - Port: 993and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
- Insecure - Port: 143 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates
- Not ticked: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Use the following type of an encrypted connection is None
- Now, click OK to save these settings.
- Click Next and Finish to complete the process.
This is how you can set up a Bellsouth email using IMAP settings.